viernes, 31 de agosto de 2012

Hero of War


¡Hey, bienvenidos a Septiembre! (troll) Una entrada rápida para publicaros la letra de una canción que he conocido recientemente.

HERO OF WAR - Rise Against




He said "son, have you seen the world?

Well, what would you say if I said that you could

Just carry this gun, you'll even get paid."

I said "that sounds pretty good."


Black leather boots

Spit-shined so bright

They cut off my hair but it looked alright

We marched and we sang

We all became friends

As we learned how to fight


[Chorus]

A hero of war

Yeah that's what I'll be

And when I come home

They'll be damn proud of me

I'll carry this flag

To the grave if I must

Cause it's a flag that I love

And a flag that I trust


I kicked in the door

I yelled my commands

The children, they cried

But I got my man

We took him away

A bag over his face

From his family and his friends


They took off his clothes

They pissed in his hands

I told them to stop

But then I joined in

We beat him with guns

And batons not just once

But again and again


[Chorus]


She walked through bullets and haze

I asked her to stop

I begged her to stay

But she pressed on

So I lifted my gun

And I fired away


And the shells jumped through the smoke

And into the sand

That the blood now had soaked

She collapsed with a flag in her hand

A flag white as snow


A hero of war

Is that what they see?

Just medals and scars

So damn proud of me

And I brought home that flag

Now it gathers dust

But it's a flag that I love

The only flag that I trust


He said, "son, have you seen the world?

Well what would you say, if I said that you could?"


Es obvio que habla de un soldado de EEUU pero su significado tiene varias interpretaciones. Aquí cito una (y la traduzco) :

.............

"From the way the lyrics were written, this song sounds like it is following the life of a US soldier during the Korean/Vietnam Wars. Back then Recruiters for the military advertised to the young men the way the song describes.
Many things happened in those wars just like they were described. I personally think its around the Korean/Vietnam war era by the way the lyrics are written, but It could be any war period."

Por la manera en que la letra está escrita, la canción parece que sigue la vida de un soldado de EEUU durante la guerra de Corea o Vietnam. Por áquel entonces, los reclusos militares advertian a los jóvenes de la manera en que lo hace esta canción.

Muchas cosas pasaron en esas guerras justamente como han sido descritas. Personalmente, pienso que es la era de la guerra de Corea/Vietnam por la manera en la que está escrita, pero podría ser cualquier periodo de guerra.
...............

El videoclip aquí.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario